Notes about theft protection and application of a FAZIT/ GeKo/ SVM authorization
General information about theft protection:
In order to repair especially protected vehicle parts and in order to flash electronic control units, you need online access to the respective systems of theAudi AG (FAZIT/GeKo/SVM). In order to use FAZIT/GeKo currently, it is necessary to apply for user access and a connected SecureID card. The according tester-hardware and software has to be ordered as well.
FAZIT/GeKo (security and component protection) is a function, that is available together with the online connection of the Offboard Diagnostic Information System (ODIS) diagnostic software. It enables the calibration of electronic control units of the immobilizer (e.g. instrument cluster, engine ECU), the component protection (e.g. Air conditioning unit, navigation system etc.), as well as the vehicle keys to the vehicle.
In order to flash electronic control units with the latest software version, you will need online access (just like for FAZIT/GeKo) to the corresponding IT systems of the Audi AG and a corresponding SVM authorization. This can be assigned through the administrator of your authorized Audi dealer company.
How can you use the functions of GeKo-VW?
- The Offboard Diagnostic Information System (ODIS) diagnostic software has to be installed. More information can be found under erWin-Produktassistenten
- Certain technical Electronic data processing requirements must be met for an online connection. Furthermore you will need a user ID. More information can be found under erWin-Infotour
- All other companies and customers from EU member countries and countries outside of the EU can retrieve further information through their importer in charge (see Importeursverzeichnis).
To obtain a FAZIT/GeKo-authorization, certain information about the applicant and about the company is necessary. You need to forward the following information to Audi, respectively the importer in charge:
- FAZIT/GeKo form sheet (request for activation of a user authorization)
- An official photo ID must be presented to the managing director by the applicant to verify the identity. The ID will not be retained at any time. Upon request of the affected parties it is possible to include a copy of the photo ID on an extra page (front and back) on a voluntarily basis. The importer will check the data with help of the copy and will dispose of it subsequently according to data protection regulations. On Photo ID with access data (e.g. New ID card), this access data is to be made unrecognizable.
- Confirmation of employment (form)
- Extract from the register of companies or business registration (copy)
- Criminal record certificate of the applicant or similar document
According to Group IT security regulations a regular check of all users in all IT systems is to be conducted. Therefore a user inventory in the FAZIT/GeKo system will be conducted in the future.
As part of the planned user inventory, all users who have not logged into, or worked in the FAZIT/GeKo system for more than 12 months will have their access blocked. A new fee-based user application is necessary for a renewal of the user IDs.
The aim of this inventory is to clean up users who have not canceled their registrations (e.g. in the event of personnel changes) and to deactivate any accounts that are no longer in use.
According to the IT guidelines, which are part of the contract, we kindly ask you to inform all administrators of the single dealerships and to request them to check all approved users of FAZIT/GeKo. The security regulations specify that this involves ensuring that no third-party user IDs are used in the company. Also, user IDs that are no longer required (e.g. personnel changes) must be canceled with immediate effect. This check, performed by the individual companies themselves, must also continue to be conducted over the long term.
All documents, except for the user application, must be disposed of by the responsible importer according to data protection regulations after checking. All transactions in context with the user ID will be permanently logged for investigational reasons.
You will receive the necessary forms for applying for a FAZIT/ GeKo authorization, as well as the associated requirements for your company after successful registration on the erWin portal and application for a company number from the importer responsible for you (see Importeursverzeichnis).