System requirements for repair and service information
- PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Operating system: Windows 10 or later is recommended (Please note that ODIS has other system requirements)
- Web browser: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox (with other browsers some of the functions used cannot be used or can only be used with limitations)
The Offboard Diagnostic Information System software is the programme that provides you with an interface that complies with SAE J2534 (diagnostic interface). This software makes it possible to diagnose all Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat/Cupra, Bentley and Lamborghini vehicles.
Furthermore, when performing diagnostic work on vehicles, you have access to the following information:
- Vehicle data
- Workshop manuals
- Current flow diagrams
- Field measures
- Technical product information
This information is only available within the diagnostic software whilst a diagnostic session is ongoing.
System requirements for the Offboard Diagnostic Information System diagnostic software
To operate the Offboard Diagnostic Information System Service diagnostic software, the following requirements must be met:
- Operating system:Microsoft® Windows 10 (64 Bit) with Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
- CPU: at least 1 Ghz, recommended: 2 GHz dual core processor
- RAM: at least 2 GB, recommended: 4 GB + activated virtual memory
- Hard drive: at least 15 GB free memory (per brand approx. 4 GB basic + 1 GB per language installed) in NTFS file system
- Graphics: at least 800 x 600, recommended: 1024 x 768
- one free USB port for the diagnostic interface
- Online connection
- Libraries (DLL) for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
The following VAS diagnostic interfaces are supported:
- VAS 6154 (Wi-Fi compatible) (Windows 10)
- VAS 6154A (Wi-Fi, LAN, USB compatible) (Windows 10)
Other SAE J2534-compliant diagnostic interfaces are also supported by the Offboard Diagnostic Information System in addition to the specified VAS diagnostic interfaces. To commission the system, the relevant box must be connected to the diagnostic tester via USB port and the relevant driver software must be installed. Administrator rights may be required to install the software.Text 'SystemrequirementsOdis' (EN) missing
Password regulation in the Volkswagen Group has been adapted and is valid for all applications such as Offboard Diagnostic Information System and GeKo.
The following minimum requirements must be met when creating a password:
- At least 10 characters
At least three of the following four character classes: upper-case letters, lower-case letters, numbers, special characters
- A maximum of two identical consecutive characters
In order to be able to change the password every 90 days, you must log in via the following link: https://dealerportal.vw-group.com/login/login_de.html
In order to be able to register, you must proceed via the "Login with Global-UserID" option.