System requirements for repair and service information
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (for opening PDF documents)
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Web browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9–11 (other web browsers are not compatible)
The Offboard Diagnostic Information System diagnostic software provides you with a programme to support an SAE J2534-compliant interface (diagnostic interface). This software allows you to diagnose all Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, SEAT, Bentley and Lamborghini-brand vehicles.
Furthermore, when performing diagnostic work on vehicles, you have access to the following information:
- Vehicle data
- Workshop manuals
- Current flow diagrams
- Field measures
- Technical product information
This information is only available within the diagnostic software whilst a diagnostic session is ongoing.
System requirements for the Offboard Diagnostic Information System diagnostic software
To operate the Offboard Diagnostic Information System Service diagnostic software, the following requirements must be met:
- Operating system: Microsoft® Windows 7 (64 Bit)/Microsoft® Windows 10 (64 Bit) with Internet Explorer 11
- CPU: minimum of 1 GHz, 2 GHz dual-core processor recommended
- RAM: minimum of 2 GB, 4 GB + activated virtual memory recommended
- Hard drive: minimum of 10 GB free memory (approx. 4 GB basis for each brand + 1 GB for each language installed)
- Graphics: minimum of 800 x 600, 1024 x 768 recommended
- Other requirements:
- A free USB port for the diagnostic interface
- DVD drive
- Online connection
The following VAS diagnostic interfaces are supported:
- VAS 6154 (WLAN-compatible) (Windows 7 + Windows 10)
- VAS 5054A (wireless via Bluetooth) (Windows 7)
- VAS 5055 (cable via USB port) (Windows 7)
Other SAE J2534-compliant diagnostic interfaces are also supported by the Offboard Diagnostic Information System in addition to the specified VAS diagnostic interfaces. To commission the system, the relevant box must be connected to the diagnostic tester via USB port and the relevant driver software must be installed. Administrator rights may be required to install the software.Text 'SystemrequirementsOdis' (EN) missing
If you also wish to use the Offboard Diagnostic Information System diagnostic software for flashing or programming the immobiliser, separate user access (GeKo) to the Volkswagen AG systems is also required in addition to an online connection.
The technical requirements for establishing a connection include an Ethernet connection with direct (transparent) access to the Internet. Proxy servers must not be used to access the Internet.
Password regulation in the Volkswagen Group has been adapted and is valid for all applications such as Offboard Diagnostic Information System and GeKo.
The following minimum requirements must be met when creating a password:
- At least 10 characters
At least three of the following four character classes: upper-case letters, lower-case letters, numbers, special characters
- A maximum of two identical consecutive characters
In order to be able to change the password every 90 days, you must log in via the following link: https://dealerportal.vw-group.com/login/login_de.html
In order to be able to register, you must proceed via the "Login with Global-UserID" option.